Is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yields 24 cookies
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 10 min
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4.75 oz. peanut butter* (approximately ½ cup)
- 2 oz. granulated sugar
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6.5 oz. all-purpose flour (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- 6 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (approximately 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Stir in the peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract; followed by the baking soda, kosher salt, and cornstarch.
- Stir in the flour until just barely combined and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 24 equal size rounds onto the prepared baking sheets. Gently press each one down until flattened – about ¾-inch tall.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then move to a wire rack. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
*I used Natural Jif Creamy. I recommend non-natural peanut butter or natural peanut butter that is not extremely oily.
I love making these cookies. They are super quick to prepare and I usually have all the ingredients on hand! Butter, granulated sugar, chocolate chips, an egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar, peanut butter, kosher salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and all-purpose flour:
First add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a bowl.
And beat together until well combined.
Then add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
I use Natural Jif Creamy peanut butter in this recipe. This is my favorite natural peanut butter because I do not find it to be very oily. Feel free to use any non-natural peanut butter. If you do want to use natural peanut butter, do not use one with a lot of oil and always stir it well before adding it to the recipe.
Stir in the baking soda, kosher salt, and cornstarch.
Then add the flour.
Stir in the flour until it is just combined and add in the chocolate chips.
Feel free to use either semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips/chunks. Anything works here!
Scoop the dough into 24 equal size rounds. I usually use my cookie dough scoop to make 24 bases…
then put an additional half scoop on top of each one.
Gently press each cookie down until they are about 3/4-inch tall.
Because of the peanut butter in the recipe, these cookies will not spread much. I accidentally forgot to press them down in my trial batch and they came out as enormous blobs!
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool for a couple minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Feel free to add some additional chocolate chips on top after they come out of the oven – you can never go wrong with extra chocolate, right? 🙂
Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Happy Baking! 😀