Summertime = Campfires = S’mores
S’more Cookie Bars
Yields 13 x 9-inch pan
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 7.5 oz. graham crackers, finely crushed (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 oz. pecans, chopped (approximately ½ cup)
- 4 oz. marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and stir in the graham cracker crumbs until well combined. Firmly press this mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crumbs and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, followed by the pecans and then the marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbling.
- If a more toasted marshmallow top is desired, move the pan to the top rack of the oven and broil for 1 min.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This is an easy alternative for summertime parties’ sans campfire. Or a fun all day activity if you decide to make the entire thing from scratch – bet you were wondering what all my latest posts were leading up to 😉
The ingredients include: marshmallows, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, graham crackers (crushed), and pecans.
Add the graham crackers to a large plastic bag; remove all the air and seal tightly. Using a rolling pin, crush the crackers until they have turned into fine crumbs.
Melt the butter and stir in the crumbs.
Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper and add the graham cracker crumbs.
Firmly press this in an even layer over the parchment paper.
Pour the condensed milk over the top and spread into an even layer.
I usually just tilt the pan until it’s well covered.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
Then the chopped pecans.
And finally, the marshmallows!
Bake this for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbling along the edges. To further toast the marshmallows, move the pan to the top rack of the oven and broil for 1 minute. Keep a sharp eye, as they can burn very quickly!
Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Look at all this ooey, gooey goodness!
Once cool, lift up the parchment paper and remove from the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares.