Some of my favorite things combined in pancake form! ❤
Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes
Yields: 16 5-inch pancakes
Total Time: 35 min
- 10 oz. cake flour, approximately. 2 ½ cups
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz. butter (1/2 stick) plus additional for the griddle
- 2 oz. sugar, approximately ¼ cup
- 4 oz. (2 large) eggs, room temperature
- 12 oz. milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz. chopped pecans, approximately 1 cup
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup and allow to cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until everything is JUST combined. It’s okay if there are lumps in the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat an electric griddle to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (alternatively heat a cast iron skillet or regular frying pan on the stove over medium high heat).
- Once the batter has finished resting, add a tablespoon of butter to the griddle or skillet and allow to melt.
- Scoop batter onto the griddle/skillet using a ¼ measuring cup.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over the surface.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface and the other side is golden brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook another minute or two. You only want to flip the pancakes once, otherwise they will become tough.
- Repeat, adding additional butter and the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in an oven preheated to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To freeze, let cool completely. Wrap each pancake in a paper towel, stack, and store in a sealed plastic bag.
You’ll probably recognize this recipe if you’ve made these. Today we are using my original recipe as a base.
The pancake base is made from cake flour, butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and baking powder:
The main ingredients for the pancakes we’re making today are: cinnamon, pecans, and nutmeg! ❤
First add all the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg) to a bowl.
Freshly grated nutmeg smells sooooo good. Lightly whisk until all the dry ingredients are combined.
In a separate microwave safe bowl (or my fav, a glass measuring cup), melt the butter. Then add the sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Gently whisk this until the batter has just come together. (***Do not overmix! This will cause the pancakes to be tough because of extra gluten formation).
Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, ready the griddle (or cast iron skillet or regular frying pan)! Once the batter has rested and the griddle is hot, wipe the surface down with butter and scoop on the pancake batter with a 1/4 measuring cup. Oh, and make sure you have the pecans standing by for their shining moment!
Just sprinkle them evenly over the surface:
Isn’t that a pretty sight? Now, just wait for the bubbles to begin to form along the edges (about 2-3 minutes). Once it looks like this:
They are ready to flip!
They will take another minute or two to finish cooking. Once they are done, stack them up and repeat the process (more butter, more batter, etc.).
Yummm. These pancakes are just so darn tasty and heartwarming. I mean, what’s better than cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans? Especially when they are all wrapped up in a pancake!
I hope you enjoy this lovely recipe! As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts!